Twelve Murphy & King Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America© 2024August 17, 2023
Murphy & King, P.C. announced today that twelve of the firm’s Shareholders have been recognized by Best Lawyers® in The Best Lawyers in America© 2024 for their exemplary work in their respective practice areas. The following attorneys have been named to the 2024 list:
- Charles R. Bennett, Jr. – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Christopher Condon – Litigation – Bankruptcy; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Kathleen R. Cruickshank – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- D. Ethan Jeffery – Litigation – Bankruptcy; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Andrew G. Lizotte – Litigation – Bankruptcy; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Daniel J. Lyne – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- William R. Moorman, Jr. – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Harold B. Murphy – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Dan Rabinovitz – Commercial Litigation; Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Robert E. Richards Jr. – Real Estate Law
- Bruce F. Smith – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Steven Veenema – Litigation – Labor and Employment
“It is an honor and a privilege to have twelve of our attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers for 2024,” said Harold B. Murphy, co-founder and practice leader of Murphy & King’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring group. “Everyone at Murphy & King works extremely hard to meet the needs of each and every one of our clients and we are proud that this hard work has been recognized once again by Best Lawyers.”
Attorneys Murphy, Bennett, Moorman, Cruickshank, Jeffery, Lizotte Condon and Smith practice in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring group, representing debtors, creditors and creditors’ committees, estate fiduciaries, and investors in formal insolvency proceedings and out-of-court workouts throughout the United States. The team also has extensive experience litigating complex adversary proceedings involving avoidance actions, lender liability and fiduciary responsibilities.
Attorneys Lyne, Rabinovitz and Veenema practice in the firm’s Business Litigation group, representing a wide range of corporate and commercial clients in high-stakes business and commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts across the nation, specializing in litigation involving failed mergers and acquisitions, corporate fiduciary duty matters, and licensing, trade secret and related IP disputes across a broad range of industries. The department has a highly sophisticated forensic and electronic discovery practice and an established history of large-case trial wins. In addition, Steven Veenema handles Labor and Employment litigation matters.
Dan Rabinovitz also practices in the firm’s White Collar Defense & Internal Investigations group working with individuals and corporations seeking assistance with navigating the complex landscape of regulatory or governmental investigations and criminal prosecutions.
Robert Richards practices in the firm’s Real Estate group and works with owners, investors and tenants of commercial real estate dealing with the sale, acquisition, development, transfer, lease of office buildings, retail space, manufacturing plants and business locations.
For more than 40 years, Best Lawyers has assisted those in need of legal services to identify the lawyers best qualified to represent them in distant jurisdictions or unfamiliar specialties. Lawyers who are nominated for consideration are voted on by currently recognized Best Lawyers working in the same practice area and located in the same geographic region. Best Lawyers’ awards and recognitions are based on the feedback received from these top lawyers. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Those who receive high peer reviews undergo a thorough verification process to make sure they are currently still in private practice. Only then can Best Lawyers recognize these top lawyers.
About Murphy & King, PC
Murphy & King, PC has been “unraveling complexity” for its clients for more than forty years and provides prompt, practical and cost-effective solutions to the legal needs of individuals and businesses. From startup and incorporation, to maintaining day-to-day operations, to resolving internal and external disputes, Murphy & King attorneys are skilled at effectively and efficiently unraveling the inherent complexities of each client’s business to ensure that it can attain its maximum potential. The firm’s principal areas of practice are Business Litigation, Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring, Corporate and Real Estate Transactions, and White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations. The firm’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice has consistently received the top tier placement among law firms in both Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA.