Kathleen R. CruickshankShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3404 617 305-0604
- Brown University B.S., 1984
- Boston University School of Law J.D., 1987
Ms. Cruickshank focuses her practice on representing debtors, trustees and creditors in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases and representing debtors in non-bankruptcy workouts. Ms. Cruickshank appears regularly in the United States Bankruptcy Court, represents plaintiffs and defendants in litigation arising in bankruptcy proceedings, and has represented bankruptcy trustees before the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the Alcoholic Beverages and Control Commission.
Ms. Cruickshank was formerly an attorney with the Office of the United States Trustee, United States Department of Justice for the Districts of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, and was the Assistant United States Trustee in the San Jose Office of the United States Trustee for the Northern District of California. Prior to her 10 years of service with the United States Department of Justice, Ms. Cruickshank represented debtors and creditors in bankruptcy matters. Ms. Cruickshank also served as a law clerk for the United States Trustee for the District of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
- Counsel to individual Chapter 11 debtors in complex reorganizations involving, among other things, commercial real estate and manufacturing.
- Counsel to Chapter 7 trustees in complex corporate and consumer debtor cases including with respect to related litigation involving, among other things, debt subordinations, avoidance of secured claims, actions to impose a constructive and/or resulting trusts, marshaling actions, and preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance actions.
- Counsel to creditors and landlords in large out-of-state Chapter 11 cases in the apparel industry.
- Counsel to Chapter 7 trustees before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.
- Counsel to corporate debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings, including companies engaged in the real estate, telecommunications, restaurant and apparel industries.
- Representation of defendants in actions in which they have been sued by the estate representative in a bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to publicly-held corporations in Chapter 11 proceedings and successful reorganizations, both in Massachusetts and Delaware.
- Representation of Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.