William R. Moorman Jr.Shareholder Boston email@example.com 617 226-3423
- Colby College, BA, 1982
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
Mr. Moorman is a trusted advisor to a large number of businesses and individuals and has a wide variety of experience representing clients in complex business transactions, financial restructurings, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, real estate leasing and sales, corporate finance transactions and other business matters. He also represents debtors, trustees and creditors in complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases. His local and national business clients have included manufacturers, financial institutions, real estate owners and developers, hotels, franchisors, environmental services businesses, information technology companies, retailers, restaurants, health care businesses, venture capital firms and purchasers of distressed real estate and other assets.
Mr. Moorman has also developed a reputation providing counsel to commercial real estate brokers and other employees in employment-related transitions, including the analysis of non-solicitation obligations and the negotiation of new employment agreements. He also specializes in representing directors and senior executives of financially distressed companies, including chief executive and chief financial officers.
Mr. Moorman also provides specialized advice in the complex and developing area of cannabis laws, including with respect to capital raising, banking and finance, real estate transactions and other business matters.
- Represents clients in all sizes of sales, mergers and acquisitions, and provides general business advice to a wide variety of companies, partnerships and family businesses.
- Represents debtors and creditors in all aspects of Chapter 11 reorganization cases.
- Represents Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees and creditors in various matters, including asset dispositions, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions and claims litigation.
- Represents the owner of a commercial and industrial real estate portfolio in connection with various bankruptcy cases and issues, including landlord/tenant rights, environmental issues and lease assumptions and assignments.
- Represents real estate developers, landlords and other entities in various matters related to cannabis laws, including the negotiation and drafting of dispensary and grow facility leases and the analysis of risk factors related to private placement transactions.
- Represents lenders and borrowers in the negotiation and documentation of loan workouts and restructurings.
- Represents a Massachusetts state court-appointed receiver with respect to the owner of commercial real estate located in Connecticut.
- Represents family businesses and partnerships in internal disputes, with the goal of reaching resolutions without the necessity of litigation.
- Represents commercial real estate brokers and employees in various other industries in employment transitions, non-solicitation issues and employment contract negotiations.
- Represents a global data intelligence and brand protection company in corporate matters, including in connection with a recent private equity recapitalization.
- Represents a regional wealth management firm in corporate transactions and general business matters.
- Represents a provider of peptides and antibodies, including in connection with a recent acquisition.
- Represented a facilitator of educational and patient financing in all corporate matters, including the $140 million sale of the company.
- Represented a regional sub-franchisor in the automotive care industry, including preparation of franchise disclosure documentation, franchise agreements, real estate transactions, employment issues and other business matters.
- Represented an 8(a) small business environmental services company in all business matters, including contracts, employment issues, real estate transactions and the sale of the business to an Alaskan Native Corporation.
- Represented numerous real estate owners and developers in successful Chapter 11 reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings.
- Represented Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in contested sale of manufacturing business and related right of first refusal litigation.
- Represents commercial landlords in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of Cenveo, Inc. and Nashua Corporation in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a substantial trade creditor in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Toys “R” Us, Inc. in Virginia.
- Represented substantial trade creditor in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of The Weinstein Company in Delaware.
- Represented the Country of Canada in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Montreal Maine & Atlantic Railway, Ltd. in the State of Maine, which was resulted from the deadliest rail disaster in Canada since 1864.
- Represented the purchaser of Fort Devens, Massachusetts real estate and equipment assets in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Evergreen Solar, Inc. in Delaware.
- Represented the purchaser of the solid tire division in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of GPX International Tire Corporation in Massachusetts.
- Represented a commercial landlord in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Masonite Corporation in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented the Official Committee of Retirees in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of United Shoe Machinery Corporation in Massachusetts.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Nordic Track in Massachusetts.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Massachusetts Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Statler Industries, Inc., one of the largest paper mills in Maine.
- Represented the Chief Executive Officer of a multi-national public company in securities class action and director and officer liability litigation, including matters in the United States, Belgium and Korea.
- Represented the Chief Financial Officer in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of a newspaper publisher in Delaware.
- Represented the Chief Executive Officer in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of an investment management firm in Delaware.
- Represented the petitioning creditors in the involuntary bankruptcy filing against a Ponzi scheme operator in the RMA Strategic Opportunity Fund, LLC case in Massachusetts and represented a substantial creditor in the Ponzi scheme-related Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of 1031 Tax Group, LLC in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented Kmart Corporation in bankruptcy-related lease litigation with respect to property in Massachusetts.