Steven M. VeenemaShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3497
- Grove City College B.A., 1999
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
Steve Veenema represents clients in complex business litigation, focusing on shareholder and closely held company disputes, intellectual property and unfair competition litigation, and employment-related matters. Steve has experience representing and advising companies, board members, and individual employees and shareholders in various industries, including finance, high-tech, real estate, and retail, and his wide-ranging experience extends to commercial real estate matters, insurance litigation, as well as actions arising under securities laws, construction projects, and mergers and acquisitions. Steve also represents clients before the Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board in trademark prosecution, maintenance, and protection, and counsels both employers and employees on workplace issues, including termination, compensation, and discrimination.
Before joining Murphy & King, Steve practiced at Brown Rudnick, LLP, an international law firm headquartered in Boston. Before and during law school, he worked at Copyright Clearance Center, Inc., a copyright licensing collective located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- Has represented both individuals and companies in various closely-held corporation disputes through trial.
- Recently won expansive injunctive relief and subsequent contempt actions against former employees who formed competing company using former employer’s confidential information, and then violated the court’s orders in connection with the same.
- Successfully defended medical device company in bet-the-company litigation over allegedly improper lease termination.
- Succeeded in dismissing claims of contributory copyright infringement against online advertising company.
- Achieved client’s goal in successfully resolving dispute among co-founders of start-up.
- Won advantageous settlement in post-M&A litigation involving precision parts manufacturer.
- Has represented both individuals and companies in terminating employment relationships, and defended multiple claims before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Successfully defended multiple financial advisors against former employer seeking to claw back “forgivable loan” compensation.