Steven M. VeenemaShareholder Boston email@example.com 617 226-3497 617-305-0697
- Grove City College B.A., 1999
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
Steve Veenema represents clients in complex business disputes, focusing on shareholder, intellectual property, and employment-related litigation. He has experience representing and advising companies, board members, and individual employees and shareholders in various industries, including finance, high-tech, real estate, and retail. Steve also represents clients before the Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, and counsels both employers and employees on workplace issues, including termination, compensation, and discrimination.
Before joining Murphy & King, Steve practiced at Brown Rudnick, LLP, an international law firm headquartered in Boston. Before and during law school, he worked at Copyright Clearance Center, Inc., a copyright licensing collective located in Danvers, Massachusetts.
- Has handled multiple closely-held corporation disputes among shareholders and other business stakeholders.
- Achieved client’s goal in successfully resolving dispute among co-founders of start-up.
- Succeeded in dismissing claims of contributory copyright infringement against online advertising company.
- Has represented both individuals and companies in terminating employment relationships, and defended multiple claims before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Successfully defended multiple financial advisors against former employer seeking to claw back “forgivable loan” compensation.