Robert E. Richards Jr.Shareholder Boston email@example.com 617 226-3421 617 305-0621
- Framingham State University B.A., 1983
- New England School of Law J.D., 1990
Bob practices in the business law area where he represents individuals and private companies with respect to the creation, structuring and financing of businesses, mergers and acquisitions and contractual matters. He also practices in the real estate area where he represents property owners and commercial tenants in connection with the acquisition, sale, development, financing, and leasing of real estate.
A primary focus of Bob’s practice is the completion of private company business transactions where he represents buyers and sellers of companies in a variety of industries; automobile dealers in the purchase, sale and financing of dealerships and associated real estate; investors and companies completing debt and equity investment transactions; bankrupt debtors seeking to sell, and buyers seeking to acquire, assets as part of a bankruptcy proceeding; and businesses completing commercial lending transactions.
- Counsel to Massachusetts-based supplier of lumber and building materials to independent retail lumber and building materials dealers in the Northeast in the sale of its business to one of the largest lumber and building suppliers in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, including a long term lease of the related Massachusetts business facility to the buyer.
- Counsel to First Eastern Bankshares Corporation, First Federal Savings Bank of Boston and First Eastern Mortgage in their merger with and into Randolph Bancorp and Randolph Savings Bank, which included the sale of a branch location in the financial district of Boston.
- Counsel to Boston-based employee benefit business in the sale of its business to an insurance products affiliate of a regional financial institution.
- Counsel to Massachusetts-based international seafood supplier in the acquisition of a processing facility in coastal South Carolina.
- Counsel to family owned building materials company in Watertown MA, in the sale of commercial real estate to Greystar, a national mixed-use multi-family real estate developer, advising the seller on all aspects of the purchase transaction, contracts, government relations and the resolution of complex title issues, land use matters and negotiation of agreements with neighboring property owner to unlock the sale and development of the subject site.
- Counsel to seller of residential condominium management and concierge business to national industry leader.
- Counsel to local medical equipment supplier in connection with an asset based loan facility with a national lender.
- Counsel to local higher education institution in the refinance of an existing government bond loan facility and new loan facilities secured by campus real estate.
- Counsel to national cabinet supplier in long term commercial real estate lease in local industrial park.
- Counsel to minority shareholder of a family-owned automotive group in the sale of dealership assets and the structured settlement of ownership issues.
- Counsel to a Federal savings bank in a consolidation transaction with a subsidiary and associated restructure of contractual relationships with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other institutional lenders.
- Counsel to minority partner of a family owned business in the purchase of an established family entertainment complex and a manufactured home community and associated parcels of real property in the Metro-Boston area.
- Counsel to Seller of automotive dealership assets and associated real estate to an established foreign dealership franchisee.
- Counsel to Massachusetts family owned hotel and restaurant group in the negotiation of a workout transaction with a regional commercial lender.
- Counsel to seller in the sale of 12 foreign and domestic automobile dealerships and associated body shops in Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire to a well-known regional dealer and the sale of associated real estate.
- Counsel to Charles River Broadcasting in its merger with Greater Media, Inc. and the disposition of Boston classical radio station WCRB.
- Counsel to property owner in lease-to-own transaction of an automotive dealership property in northern Massachusetts.
- Counsel to Boston-based software provider in three rounds of preferred stock investments.
- Counsel to Massachusetts mortgage lender in the sale of a $300 Million portfolio of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac residential mortgage servicing rights to national lender.
- Counsel to seller in the sale of assets of Metro West truck dealer and its three domestic truck franchises and the lease of associated real estate.
- Counsel to private lender to golf course developer in the sale of a Southeastern Massachusetts golf course and associated residential real estate development and the restructure of the debt relationship and associated development rights.
- Counsel to Seller of an automotive dealership property in the Metro-West area of Massachusetts.
- Counsel to stockholder of privately-held Rhode Island automobile dealer in the transfer of the equity interest in foreign and domestic automobile dealer franchises.
- Counsel to Ground Round restaurants in the sale of restaurants and associated real estate in multiple transactions across the nation as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to Boston-based online sports and entertainment ticket provider in the formation and operation of its business, which provides tickets to the public with a portion of ticket proceeds directed to local and national charities.
- General counsel to Massachusetts federal savings bank and its mortgage company subsidiary providing regulatory, employment, vendor contract, corporate and transactional advice.
- Counsel to Massachusetts-based international shellfish and seafood supplier in the acquisition of the assets of a Maine seafood processor and the associated plant and real estate as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Counsel to Boston-based software provider in the formation and operation of its business, which provides financial research information management solutions to investment companies and hedge funds.
- Counsel to Massachusetts mortgage lender in a tri-party agreement for the sale of residential mortgage loans with Freddie Mac and a national banking institution.
- Counsel to purchaser in asset acquisition of printing supply division of national printing supplier and negotiation of national distribution agreement for the sale of printing supplies.
- Counsel to owner of a Metro West General Motors automobile franchise in the sale of dealership real estate and facilities to regional dealer and the wind down of the associated franchise business.
- Counsel to Massachusetts savings bank in the sale of $15 Million in residential mortgage loans to international institutional investor.
- Counsel to acquirer in the purchase of the assets of a central Massachusetts foreign automotive dealer franchise and the completion of associated acquisition financing and real estate lease transaction.
- Counsel to Massachusetts mortgage lender in the sale of a $250 Million portfolio of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac residential mortgage servicing rights.
- Counsel to Massachusetts national bank in the sale of merchant credit card portfolio to national merchant credit card transaction processor.
- Counsel to regional distributor of a national fire truck and equipment manufacturer in the negotiation of the termination of the distributorship and wind down of its business.
- Counsel to international electronic component manufacturer in sale of domestic and foreign divisions to multiple purchasers as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.