Christopher M. CondonShareholder Boston email@example.com 617 226-3441 617 305-0641
- Washington and Lee University B.A., 1998
- Boston University School of Law J.D., cum laude, 2001
Mr. Condon has a wide array of experience in financial transactions and restructuring and insolvency matters, having practiced for more than 15 years in the field. He concentrates his practice on commercial insolvency and reorganization, and related litigation. He represents commercial borrowers and guarantors in all aspects of insolvency, bankruptcy, and restructuring matters including formal in-court proceedings and out-of-court workouts and other restructurings and refinancings. Mr. Condon also routinely represents bankruptcy trustees, court-appointed receivers, and other estate fiduciaries, as well as trade creditors and official committees in bankruptcy and receivership proceedings. In those contexts, he has successfully reorganized multiple corporate and individual bankruptcy estates in contested Chapter 11 proceedings and has prosecuted and defended claims on behalf of clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts, including matters involving the avoidance and recovery of fraudulent and preferential transfers, director and officer claims, equitable subordination and recharacterization, substantive consolidation, usury, and consumer protection claims.
Mr. Condon also regularly advises and represents clients in connection with the negotiation, documentation, and consummation of lending transactions, guaranty arrangements, forbearance agreements, and distressed acquisitions and divestitures.
Prior to joining Murphy & King, Chris was an attorney at Riemer & Braunstein, LLP in Boston where he principally represented financial institutions, other secured creditors, and estate fiduciaries in insolvency matters.
- Represent Chapter 11 Trustee of more than 100 year old iconic candy manufacturer and distributor. Assisted the Trustee in conducting a distressed sale of substantially all assets. Subsequently conducted investigation into prepetition conduct of debtor’s management and owner/secured creditor and commenced two actions seeking relief under multiple counts and under multiple theories of recovery, which contested actions remain pending.
- Represent Chapter 11 Trustee of telecommunications companies which operated a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme involving as many as a million participants and, together with their affiliates, had acquired as much as $1.8 billion during their operations.
- Represent research entity as debtor-in-possession in contested Chapter 11 sale proceeding. Successfully defending motion for relief from the automatic stay from debtor’s principal competitor. Pursuing sale of substantially all assets over objections of same competitor free and clear of claims and encumbrances.
- Represented debtor-operator of biopharmaceutical company focused principally on the treatment of hemophilia in liquidation. The debtor ultimately consummated two sales of substantially all of its assets, the total consideration of which is estimated to exceed $500 million.
- Represented six national fitness chain franchisees in the greater Boston area in their successful Chapter 11 reorganizations. Resolved claims of multiple lenders and lessors in excess of $10 million, providing a substantial distribution to unsecured creditors.
- Represented multiple debtors in prosecution of successful appeal before the First Circuit Court of Appeals, which limited the claims of the debtors’ secured creditor. The Debtors’ liquidation funded payment of all claims in full and provided a significant return to equity.
- Represented owner and operator debtors of private golf club in southern Massachusetts and norther Rhode Island in contested Chapter 11 reorganization and valuation dispute. The debtors’ reorganization was confirmed over the objections of their secured creditors, allowing for distribution on account of junior claims.
- Represented single purpose LLC in successful contested Chapter 11 reorganization of multi-million dollar real property located in Hingham, Massachusetts.