Kathleen R. CruickshankSenior Counsel Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3404 617 305-0604
- Brown University B.S., 1984
- Boston University School of Law J.D., 1987
Ms. Cruickshank focuses her practice on corporate and consumer bankruptcies, with an emphasis on representation of debtors in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases and Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees in the liquidation of assets and litigation matters. Ms. Cruickshank is a highly experienced bankruptcy practitioner who appears regularly in the United States Bankruptcy Court, and has represented bankruptcy trustees before the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the Alcoholic Beverages and Control Commission.
Ms. Cruickshank was formerly with the Office of the United States Trustee, United States Department of Justice for the Districts of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island, and was the Assistant United States Trustee in the San Jose Office of the United States Trustee for the Northern District of California. Prior to her 10 years of service with the United States Department of Justice, Ms. Cruickshank represented debtors and creditors in bankruptcy matters. Ms. Cruickshank served as a law clerk for the United States Trustee for the District of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island from 1985-1987.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustees of corporate and consumer debtors, including, among other things, in lawsuits involving preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance actions, avoidance of secured claims, and an action to impose a constructive and/or resulting trust.
- Representation of Chapter 7 trustees before the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts.
- Lead counsel in representation of individual chapter 11 debtors involving the restructure of commercial and residential real estate.
- Representation of corporate debtors in Chapter 11 proceedings, including companies engaged in the real estate, telecommunications, restaurant and apparel industry.
- Representation of defendants in actions in which they have been sued by the estate representative in a bankruptcy case.
- Lead associate in representation of publicly-held corporations in their Chapter 11 proceedings and successful reorganizations, both in Massachusetts and Delaware.
- Representation of Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.