Michael C. BarkerAssociate Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3464 617 305-0664
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 2008
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2017
Mike Barker represents businesses and individuals in civil matters involving money damages and equitable relief in state and federal courts throughout the country. His trial practice focuses on complex commercial disputes, including intellectual property, contract, fiduciary, and business tort litigation. He has significant experience advising clients ranging from multinational corporations to individual consumers in a variety of industries that include software and technology, finance and accounting, product manufacturing and sales, health care research and services, and condominium and community property ownership.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Barker’s practice covered a broad spectrum of general liability theories, such as contract disagreements, construction defects and accidents, wrongful death and catastrophic personal injuries, product and premises liability, and consumer protection violations. He routinely advised clients concerning contract and tort liability exposure, and drove litigation strategy from pre-suit investigation through settlement and trial.
Mr. Barker prides himself in providing thoughtful, dedicated representation to his clients, while offering pragmatic legal solutions to achieve client goals both inside and outside of the courtroom. His aggressive approach to protecting client interests is informed by nearly fifteen years spent working his way up the ranks at Boston litigation firms, having earned his law degree at night while working full time to support antitrust litigation involving international pharmaceutical manufacturers in federal courts across the country.
- Jointly represented individuals in defense of contract and tort claims, resulting in voluntary dismissal of plaintiff’s claims and advantageous settlement of clients’ counterclaims for breach of contract, fraud, and consumer protection violations.
- Represented national software provider in prosecuting and ultimately settling claims against competitor and related individuals for trade secret misappropriation, fraud, business torts, breach of contract, and violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Resolved client sales and marketing company’s business tort and contract claims against joint venturer, arising out of the abrupt breakdown and dissolution of their longstanding business partnership.