Jess D. OyerAssociate Boston email@example.com 617 226-3448 617 305-0648
- Colgate University, B.A., 2004
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2011
Jess Oyer represents businesses and individuals throughout all phases of civil litigation, from pre-suit case analysis through appeal. He has significant experience in commercial contract litigation, construction and land use litigation, labor and employment litigation, and appellate advocacy. Mr. Oyer has additional experience representing businesses in government investigations, including investigations by the Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General concerning alleged violations of Massachusetts wage and hour regulations and investigations by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Mr. Oyer regularly represents clients in proceedings before state and federal trial courts, the Massachusetts Appeals Court, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, and various town and municipal administrative boards.
- Represented Massachusetts car dealership against putative class action suit asserting claims under the Massachusetts Wage Act; reached very favorable settlement at mediation during the pendency of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court decision in Sullivan, et al. v Sleepy’s, LLC, et al., 482 Mass. 227 (2019), which, when decided, would have increased dealership liability by orders of magnitude.
- Appealed decision of the Superior Court on behalf of frustrated landowner in challenge of the Superior Court’s affirmation of a Zoning Board of Appeals decision granting multiple variances to an abutting neighbor, which negatively affected client’s property; overturned the Superior Court decision in the MA Appeals Court causing abutter to remove recently constructed retaining wall and related structures.
- Represented trucking company in discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination matter before the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination; reached favorable settlement with claimant after depositions revealed flaws in claims.
- Appealed issuance of G.L. c. 258E Order to the MA Appeals Court on behalf of client against whom the Order was improperly issued; successfully vacated the order causing expungement of all related records.