Daniel J. DwyerShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3446 617 305-0646
- Stonehill College B.A., cum laude, 1984
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., cum laude, 1994
Daniel Dwyer tries cases in a variety of fields, with a primary focus on business disputes. This year he obtained a trial judgment for a commercial lessee sued by its landlord for $2 million. In 2017, he won a jury verdict for four corporate directors sued for $15 million, and in 2016, won a trial verdict and contract damages for a business consultancy. He obtained summary judgment in U.S. District Court for an investment firm and its principal on $21 million of $29 million sought by a billionaire investor, and is one of few lawyers nationally to have defeated the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate in arbitration against former managing directors, having done so several times. Mr. Dwyer handles selected fiduciary, criminal, and tort litigation as well. He is a former criminal prosecutor and DEA special agent.
Other Representative Engagements
- $5 million trial verdict for co-founder of internet marketing firm whose former partners frustrated firm’s repurchase of co-founder’s stock.
- Bench trial judgment and permanent injunction for fourteen homeowners in a suit against a Scituate gun range.
- Preliminary injunction for plaintiff, partner in venture capital firm, requiring defendant venture firm to pay plaintiff’s salary during suit, which concerned venture firm’s breach of contract and fiduciary duty. Case settled favorably.
- Bench trial judgment in successor liability case against buyer of medical practice that had received discharge in bankruptcy after obtaining corporate stock in plaintiff’s practice and defaulting on purchase note.
- Bench trial judgment for plaintiff software company in suit for theft of trade secrets by former employee.
- Trial verdict for veteran of Iraqi conflict in suit against Commonwealth of Massachusetts for deprivation of child-visitation rights.
- Bench trial judgment for defendant commercial realty company in suit alleging failure to account for rents and profits.
- Trial verdict and award of attorneys’ fees for homeowners in suit against real estate developer.
- Represented trust beneficiary in suit against trustee-bank and investment advisory firm for failure to diversify and breach of duty of loyalty. Defeated trustee bank’s motion for summary judgment and obtained favorable settlement for beneficiary.