Timothy P. O’NeillShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3442 617 305-0642
- Gregorian University S.T.B., cum laude, 1966
- Brandeis University M.A., 1970
- Boston University School of Law J.D., 1971
Mr. O’Neill heads the firm’s tort and professional liability group and has tried cases in federal and state courts throughout New England for over 30 years. He has served as a mediator and as a court-appointed master in civil cases.
From 1972 through 1981, Mr. O’Neill was an Assistant District Attorney and Chief of the Major Felony Trial Team for Suffolk County, Boston. In that capacity, he prosecuted major felony cases, white collar crime, and political corruption. His conviction rate before criminal juries was over 90%.
In 1982, he became a founding partner in Murphy, DeMarco and O’Neill, P.C., a 25-attorney firm specializing in civil litigation. After joining the firm in 1993, he continued his work concentrating in jury trials in every major area of civil litigation, representing companies, medical institutions, and individuals. He has tried over 90 civil jury trials, again with a success rate of over 90%.
Mr. O’Neill served as Chairman of the Finance Commission of the City of Boston from 1986-1988, a fiscal watchdog agency with subpoena power. In that capacity, he led major investigations into management practices in the Boston School Department and the Boston Police Department.
- Successfully defended Harvard-affiliated medical institutions in a variety of jury trials involving professional liability, director and officer liability, employment disputes, and insurance coverage disputes.
- Successfully defended a major mutual fund company in a case involving stolen securities.
- Successfully defended major construction company in a suit alleging faulty construction of commercial property.
- Successfully defended product liability cases in state and federal courts.