Theodore J. FolkmanShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3451 617 305-0651
- Princeton University A.B., magna cum laude, 1996
- Columbia University M.A., 1997
- Harvard Law School J.D., cum laude, 2000
Ted Folkman concentrates his practice in business litigation and in transnational civil litigation. After his clerkship with Judge Ann Aldrich of the U.S. District Court in Cleveland, he was an associate at Hill & Barlow before joining Murphy & King in 2003. He has appeared in federal courts throughout the United States and has argued cases at all levels of the Massachusetts court system. He has represented businesses in industries from health care to private equity to property management, government agencies, and individuals with complex problems.
Mr. Folkman is a frequent writer and speaker on civil procedure and other topics and is the author of Letters Blogatory, a blog covering international judicial assistance and private international law. He is active in the Boston Bar Association, having served as the chairman of the Massachusetts Practice and Procedure Committee and as a member of several other bar committees.
- Representing a supervisory defendant in a complex tort case arising out of alleged misconduct abroad and involving claims under customary international law, the Alien Tort Statute, other federal statutes, and common law.
- Representing a foreign government minister in a libel case.
- Represented a foreign smartphone manufacturer in multiple actions seeking discovery from third parties in the United States for use in foreign patent infringement proceedings.
- Representing a public company in a malpractice claim against its public accountants.
- Representing a major commercial landlord in a lease dispute with a governmental tenant.