Paul R. NiehausOf Counsel New York City firstname.lastname@example.org 212 631-0223 212-624-0223
- Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University A.B., 1994
- University of Chicago Law School J.D., 1997
For the past decade, Mr. Niehaus has practiced in New York City, gaining expertise in a variety of legal disciplines. He has litigated high-profile, complex matters in such fields as white collar crime, bankruptcy, securities, and business litigation. He has also counseled individuals and companies large and small on avoiding litigation, and on resolving disputes prior to litigation.
Mr. Niehaus began his career at Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP and subsequently worked at Arkin Kaplan LLP, and served as general counsel for an interactive television company based in New York. In 2006, he founded Niehaus LLP, and has served as its principal since that time. Mr. Niehaus became Of Counsel to Murphy & King, and serves as resident counsel and directs the firm’s practice in New York. For further information about Mr. Niehaus please visit http://www.niehausllp.com.
- Represented former CEO in SEC prosecution involving Sarbanes-Oxley issues of first impression.
- Obtained significant recovery for limited partners of bankrupt entity after reducing claims against debtor by over 50%.
- Obtained dismissal of a series of securities class action lawsuits alleging “death spiral” tactics by investment bank.
- Obtained unanimous reversal of lower-court ruling which had denied plaintiff access to shareholders list in tender offer proceeding.
- Obtained pre-discovery summary judgment for national alcohol distributor defending claims of conspiracy and antitrust violations.
- Represented numerous targets, subjects, and witnesses in federal, state and regulatory investigations.