Jonathan F.X. O’BrienAssociate Boston, New York City email@example.com 617 226-3423 617 305-0623
- McGill University B.A., with Honors
- Tulane Law School J.D.
Jonathan focuses his practice on corporate and real estate matters. Jonathan’s experience includes the leasing, acquisition, sale and financing of real estate, distressed loans and workouts, as well as a broad spectrum of business transactions including start-ups, business formation and the acquisition and sale of businesses and corporate assets.
Jonathan began his legal career in Paris, focusing on corporate and transactional law in cross border matters. Jonathan is admitted as an attorney in Paris, New York and Massachusetts.
- Counsel to start-up enterprises on all aspects of formation and other business issues, including counsel to foreign investors establishing a US presence.
- Counsel to a French winery acquiring an interest in US based distribution and wine-related businesses.
- Counsel to golf course developer in refinancing of distressed business and restructuring of debt relationship.
- Counsel to a regional bank in developing a division focused on an online municipal payment system.
- Counsel to jewelry maker leasing retail space on Madison Avenue in New York City.
- Counsel to seller in divestment of contaminated real estate and resolution of title issues during the transfer of property.
- Counsel to designer with a nationally recognized brand sell her business to an investor group including a national retailer.
- Counsel to the developer of an obstacle course endurance race in obtaining first and second round financing of the business.
- Counsel to a state agency following the seizure of, and subsequent sale of a 250-bed nursing home facility and real estate.
- Counsel to the seller of a marathon structured as an asset sale and earn-out.
- Counsel to real estate investment group in debt restructuring due to loss of value in investment.
- Counsel to foreign technology start-up in establishing a US corporation, leasing offices, hiring employees, and commencement of marketing and services within the US.
- Chairman of Town of Sudbury Zoning Board of Appeals (monthly hearings regarding the application of Town zoning bylaws).