Daniel J. DwyerShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3446 617 305-0646
- Stonehill College B.A., cum laude, 1984
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., cum laude, 1994
For two decades, Daniel Dwyer has successfully tried cases involving business transactions, personal injury, and fiduciary relations. He prevailed at trial for fourteen Scituate homeowners in a suit against a neighboring gun range, won a $5 million verdict for the founder of an internet marketing firm whose partners deprived him of his ownership, and won a damages verdict against the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for depriving an Iraqi war veteran of child-visitation rights.
Daniel is a former criminal prosecutor and DEA special agent.
Other Representative Engagements
- 2017 defense verdict for four corporate directors sued for $15 million.
- 2016 trial verdict for business consultancy in suit against publicly-traded company for non-payment of consulting fees.
- Represented trust beneficiary in suit against trustee-bank and investment advisory firm for failure to diversify and breach of duty of loyalty. Defeated trustee bank’s motion for summary judgment and obtained favorable settlement for beneficiary.
- Trial judgment in successor liability case against buyer of medical practice that had received discharge in bankruptcy after obtaining corporate stock in plaintiff’s practice and defaulting on purchase note.
- Preliminary injunction for plaintiff, partner in venture capital firm, requiring defendant venture firm to pay plaintiff’s salary during suit, which concerned venture firm’s breach of contract and fiduciary duty. Case settled favorably.
- Trial judgment for plaintiff software company in suit for theft of trade secrets by former employee.
- Trial judgment for defendant commercial realty company in suit alleging failure to account for rents and profits.
- Trial verdict and award of attorneys’ fees for homeowners in suit against real estate developer.