Daniel J. DwyerShareholder Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3446 617 305-0646
- Stonehill College B.A., cum laude, 1984
- Suffolk University Law School J.D., cum laude, 1994
Daniel Dwyer has successfully tried cases in a variety of fields. His primary focus is litigating business disputes. He is one of few lawyers nationally to have defeated the bankruptcy estate of Lehman Brothers in its litigation campaign against former managing directors to recover their signing bonuses, and he did so three times. He recently obtained summary judgment in U.S. District Court for an investment firm and its principal on $21 million of $29 million sought by a plaintiff investor. Mr. Dwyer also handles selected fiduciary and tort litigation. In 2013, for example, he prevailed at trial for fourteen Scituate homeowners in a suit against a neighboring gun range, obtaining a permanent injunction and compensatory damages.
Mr. Dwyer is a former criminal prosecutor and DEA special agent.
Other Representative Engagements
- 2017 defense verdict for four corporate directors sued for $15 million.
- 2016 trial verdict for business consultancy in suit against publicly-traded company for non-payment of consulting fees.
- Brought suit to remove trustee of Massachusetts charitable trust; case settled with trustee’s resignation.
- Represented trust beneficiary in suit against trustee-bank and investment advisory firm for failure to diversify and breach of duty of loyalty. Defeated trustee bank’s motion for summary judgment and obtained favorable settlement for beneficiary.
- $5 million trial verdict for co-founder of internet marketing firm whose former partners frustrated firm’s repurchase of co-founder’s stock.
- Trial judgment in successor liability case against buyer of medical practice that had received discharge in bankruptcy after obtaining corporate stock in plaintiff’s practice and defaulting on purchase note.
- Preliminary injunction for plaintiff, partner in venture capital firm, requiring defendant venture firm to pay plaintiff’s salary during suit, which concerned venture firm’s breach of contract and fiduciary duty. Case settled favorably.
- Trial judgment for plaintiff software company in suit for theft of trade secrets by former employee.
- Trial judgment for defendant commercial realty company in suit alleging failure to account for rents and profits.
- Trial verdict and award of attorneys’ fees for homeowners in suit against real estate developer.
- Trial verdict for veteran of Iraqi conflict in suit against Commonwealth of Massachusetts for deprivation of child-visitation rights.