Bruce F. SmithOf Counsel Boston, New York City firstname.lastname@example.org 617-226-3460 617-305-0660
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts, 1966
- Cornell Law School, Juris Doctor, 1969
Bruce Smith is a leading bankruptcy and restructuring lawyer. Chambers and Partners USA notes that he is “superb counsel in the bankruptcy area.”
Chambers further notes: “He is a multi-talented attorney with extensive experience in corporate insolvency and bankruptcy litigation.”
Mr. Smith served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Civil and Criminal Divisions of the Office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York and was Chief of the Environmental Protection Division during part of his tenure.
- Baytown Navigation (S.D. Tex.) Served as counsel to the official creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 of this international shipping company, achieving a substantial dividend for unsecured creditors.
- Twin River Casino (D.R.I.) Served as counsel to the unsecured creditors’ committee in connection with an $800 million restructuring that provided for a 65% recovery for unsecured creditors.
- Represented the unsecured creditors’ committee of Boston Generating LLC (S.D.N.Y.) representing $500 million of unsecured debt of this electrical generating facility with approximately $2 billion in debt.
- Served as counsel for debtor for Riefler Concrete Company (W.D.N.Y.) in the chapter 11 proceeding and sale of its assets to a strategic buyer.
- Represented the international law firm of Coudert Brothers (S.D.N.Y.) in its dissolution and sale of portions of its legal practice.
- Represented Testa Corp., a significant demolition contractor on Boston’s “Big Dig” project, in connection with the use and disposal of hazardous materials, guided the client through the removal and remediation process, and resolved the criminal charges.