Andrea L. MacIverAssociate Boston firstname.lastname@example.org 617 226-3402 617 305-0602
- Stonehill College, BA in Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, 2008
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude & Order of the Coif, 2011
Ms. MacIver was an Appellate Judicial Clerk for the Honorable Nathaniel R. Howse, Jr. of the Illinois Appellate Court, First District in Chicago. Prior to her clerkship, Ms. MacIver was an Associate at The Deratany Firm in Chicago where she concentrated her practice on litigation matters. While in law school, Ms. MacIver served as the Editor of Articles, Notes, and Comments for the DePaul Law Review.
- Andrea MacIver, Shoot Now, Ask Questions Later: How Technology-Based Startups Draftkings and FanDuel Are Changing the Way We Do Business, 35 Quinnipiac L. Rev. __, (Forthcoming Winter 2017).
- Andrea MacIver, Out With the New and in With the Old: Why the Illinois supreme court went too far in Kirk v. Michael Reese Hospital and not far enough in Renslow v. Mennonite Hospital on the issue of duties owed to third-party non-patients in medical malpractice cases, 36 N. Illinois L. Rev. 1 (Spring 2016).
- Andrea MacIver & Daniel Pollack, Ministerial vs. Discretionary Acts or Omissions in Child Welfare Cases, 44 Cap. U. L. Rev. 103 (Spring 2016).
- Andrea MacIver & Daniel Pollack, Understanding Sexual Grooming in Child Abuse Cases, ABA Child Law Practice, Vol. 34 No. 11 (November 2015).
- Andrea MacIver, The Clash Between Science and the Law: Can Science Save 19-Year-Old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s Life?, 35 N. Illinois L. Rev 1 (Fall 2014).
- Andrea MacIver, Daniel Pollack & Karen Greenberg, A National Responsible Father Registry: Providing Constitutional Protections for Children, Mothers and Fathers, Whittier J. Children & Family Advocacy (Summer 2014).
- Andrea MacIver & Jay Paul Deratany, Real Tort Reform: Mandated Malpractice Insurance Coverage for Hospitals and Doctors, Trial Journal (December 2014).
- Andrea MacIver & Jay Paul Deratany, Liability Coverage Laid Bar: Hospitals and Doctors Should be Required to Carry Insurance, Chicago Tribune (May 5, 2013).
- Andrea MacIver, Suicide Causation Experts in Teen Wrongful Death Claims: Will they Assist the Trier of Fact?, 45 J. Marshall L. Rev. 51 (Fall 2011).