Amanda M. RettigBoston email@example.com 617 226-3467 617 305-0667
- Harvard University A.B. Physics, cum laude, 1998
- Harvard Law School J.D., 2002
Ms. Rettig splits her practice between counseling matters and litigation matters. On the counseling side, Ms. Rettig advises business clients on a broad spectrum of transactional matters including those relating to company formation, intellectual property licensing and ownership, e-commerce and virtual media exploitation, privacy constraints, employment agreements, non-competes, employment policies, financing, corporate governance, and contracts of all types. On the litigation side, Ms. Rettig concentrates her practice on intellectual property and general business litigation.
Prior to joining Murphy & King, Ms. Rettig was an associate at BRL Law Group LLC where she represented public and private companies in a broad range of general corporate matters including equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, securities filings and NASDAQ matters, intellectual property licensing and tax issues. Ms. Rettig was also previously an associate at Krokidas & Bluestein LLP, where she represented a variety of non-profit and for-profit clients in a range of transactional, corporate, employment and litigation matters, and an associate at Ropes and Gray LLP in both the litigation and corporate departments, with a focus on intellectual property matters.
After law school, Ms. Rettig was law clerk to the Honorable Paul R. Michel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Counsel to venture capital client on recession-era capital raising strategies and managing transfer restrictions.
- Representing sports equipment manufacturer in successful patent appeal to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit as consultant to unsuccessful trial counsel on briefing and oral argument preparation.
- Drafting and negotiation of licensing agreements for software developer.
- Drafting and negotiation of mobile application development agreement for licensor client.
- Advising international client on best practices for Massachusetts employment matters.
- Counsel to venture capital client on state and federal securities law compliance.
- Assisting information business with Internet-related policies, including policies regarding customer privacy and website terms and conditions.
- Counsel to both patentees and accused infringers on all phases of patent litigation, including preparing witnesses, managing large e-discovery teams, drafting discovery requests, revising expert reports, preparing for oral argument and researching and drafting motions and other court submissions.
- Counsel to start-up enterprises on all aspects of formation and other business issues.